Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New Chapter

As I understand it, an important part of being a graduate student is finding as many ways as possible to fritter away your time, ideally in a solitary manner that could be mistaken for legitimate work. In this grand tradition, I have begun this blog. Like many others who have yet to join the blog world, I felt tempted for some time, but felt the need to find a focus for my blog. I wondered, what was the point, why do I want to share anything about myself, particularly to the great masses of the Internet? I felt like I must be profound, insightful, something "special." Don't we all want to be special? Then, I came home one night (which happens to also be tonight) after watching "Big Trouble," dallied on email and facebook, and remained unsatisfied. I needed more ways to while away the late hours of the night when I should be reading complex theory or dutifully writing esoteric text, or at the very least, sleeping. So here I am. I'm sure this story runs like so many others, nothing special about it other than that it is mine.

Will anyone read this? Do I care? Does it even matter?

Maybe I could pass this off as research. Bueno, pues, me voy.

No comments: