Sunday, October 21, 2007

Corsets

Tonight, I wore a corset for the first time. Surprisingly, I did not find it nearly as restictive as expected. I found it most uncomfortable when I first put it on; the snapping and lacing leading to some discomfort. However, once the device fell into place, I found myself getting used to its bodily strictures. When standing, I found it correcting my posture defects, reminding me to tighten my lower core. Other women told me of similar experience, with girdle-type implements correcting slouching and lax muscles. One definite downside: I found myelf breathing harder when biking, with my lungs straining against the fabric. Definitely not workout wear. I'll stick to the sports bra, thank you Victorians. Interestingly, I did not remove the corset immediately upon arriving home. I wore it briefly while dawdling around my room before bed, essentially forgetting it constraining presence on my body, internalizing its shape. Upon realizing this, I though, Maybe they're not so bad. But I took it off anyway. Upon removal, I immediately changed my mind, feeling my entire body sigh in time with my breath. Complete relief and relaxation overcame my physicality.

As much work as it is, I prefer the muscle corset, for now. (Even if I do not own it.)

No comments: